Directory:Castilla La Mancha, craft beer place
When we talk about craft beer, Castilla La Mancha takes on special relevance asone of the precursor zones of the national microbrewery movement. Distributed in five provinces, it concentrates some of the first craft breweries in Spain. Thus, with the intention that you can locate them for your tourist routes, we propose below a list of the main factories in La Mancha.
- Plain Beers: factory with taproom in La Roda Albacete.).
- Ilúnica: factory in Hellín Albacete.).
- Cervezas del Pueblo / Manchuela: workshop in Casas-Ibáñez Albacete.).
- La Primera Beers: factory with taproom in Alcázar de San Juan Ciudad Real.).
- Tormo Beers: factory in Cuenca.
- Volturis: factory in Quer Guadalajara.).
- La Maldita beer: factory in Herencia Ciudad Real.).
- Monkey Beer: factory in Torrijos Toledo.).
- Speranto beers: factory and shop specialized in craft beer in Toledo.
- Tian Beer: factory in Pozoamargo Cuenca.).
- Arriaca beers: factory in Yunquera de Henares Guadalajara.).
- Ebora beer: factory and restaurant in Pepino Toledo.).
- Wild Beer: factory in Alcázar de San Juan Ciudad Real.).
- Half Bushel: factory in Corral Rubio Albacete.).
- Beers 69 andCrazy Bee: factory in Chinchilla de Monte Aragón Albacete.).
- Domus: factory with taproom in Toledo.
- Medina beers: factory in Santa Cruz de La Zarza Toledo.).
- The Sagra: factory with taproom in Numancia de La Sagra Toledo.).
- Dawat: factory in Cuenca.
When putting the magnifying glass on the La Mancha market, we will find several curiosities. It is striking that of the seven founders of theSpanish Association of Independent Artisan Brewers AECAII), four of them belong to the land of Don Quixote: Domus, La Sagra, Dawat and Arriaca.
Also,Arriaca boasts of being the first Spanish craft brewer to canned their elaborations. In fact, they can be found both bottled and canned not only in specialty stores, but also in most supermarkets.
Likewise,La Sagra was one of the first Spanish microbreweries to be sold to a large beer group. It happened in January 2017, when the Molson Coors Brewing Company acquired the company while giving it the national distribution of its brands.
Now that you know the main craft beer factories in Castilla La Mancha, all you have to do is go and visit them to enjoy the authentic beer experience. You will also find some nomadic producers, who although they do not have a factory also market their interesting creations. In any case, you can organize a route through the main beer temples of each province so you don't miss a thing. Enjoy the best craft beer from La Mancha!!